CWS Sports Desk
April 14, 2018
Stanley— Voters from throughout central Wisconsin turned out record-breaking numbers for the CWS Girls Basketball Player of the Year voting, with 11, 470 votes cast. When the dust settled, Tahlia Walton of Stanley-Boyd was chosen by voters as the winner, picking up 4,236 votes.
The battle for second and third place saw incredible numbers as well. Signe Fronek of Newman Catholic received 3,556 votes and Amber Baehman of Tri-County garnered 2,322 votes.
Congratulations to all of the CWS Girls Basketball Player of the Year nominees.
Who gets your vote for the 2018 CWS Girls Basketball Player of the Year?
- Signe Fronek, Newman Catholic (31%, 3,556 Votes)
- Sarah Mueller, Pacelli (5%, 572 Votes)
- Maddie Schires, Wausau West (1%, 62 Votes)
- Amber Baehman, Tri-County (20%, 2,322 Votes)
- Dylana Schreiner, Abbotsford (1%, 64 Votes)
- Taylor Petit, DC Everest (1%, 153 Votes)
- Heather Pearson, Amherst (1%, 147 Votes)
- Katelyn Schmidt, Marathon (1%, 89 Votes)
- Tahlia Walton, Stanley-Boyd (36%, 4,236 Votes)
- Maggie Negaard, SPASH (3%, 374 Votes)
- Jennifer Wendler, Owen-Withee (1%, 62 Votes)
Total Voters: 11,470